We created classic combinations like Blueberry, Chocolate chip, Banana, Honey & Ginger, Apple & Sultana, Cherry & Almond, Lemon & Poppy Seed, Breakfast Bran and then thought of some wilder alternatives such as Strawberry, Balsamic & Black Pepper - i need to try this one!
|Breakfast Bran - delicious & nutritious|
|Right two: Cherry & Almond / Banana|
The savoury options were a great success...
|Cheese & Sunblushed Tomato|
|Black Olives, Pesto & Pine nuts|
|Courgette, pine nuts & sundried tomato with |
goats cheese center
Basic Muffin Recipe (make about 24)
Plain Flour 810g
Dem Sugar 450g
Sunflower Oil 250g
Baking Powder 20g
Additional choice of fruit 400g
1) Sift flour, baking powder, spices (if using any) & set aside
2) Mix oil and milk together
3) In mixing bowl whip the eggs, salt and sugar until light and creamy. I used a hand whisk for around 8-10minutes
4)Then when egg mixture is light and creamy slowly pour in the milk and egg whilst continuing to whisk.
5) Then fold the flour into the egg mixture - don't over fold as okay to have lumpy bits in muffins
6) Finally fold in your chosen sweet or savoury flavour.
7) Fill your muffin cases a few mm from the top.
8) Bake at 180 for approx 25 minutes - some wetter fillings take a little longer so keep your eye on them and use a knife to check middle and it comes out clean.
Enjoy. I like ice cold milk with the sweet ones and a glass of prosecco with the savoury :-)