Wednesday 3 November 2010

Welcome family, friends & foodies

Having spent most of my working life in meetings with endless decks of powerpoint slides, I feel hardly qualified to talk about food, but this is where it begins. Six weeks ago, I decided to leave a successful career in Marketing to do something completely different. I started a new life in food.

I moved to Nottinghamshire to join The School of Artisan (pic), within a beautiful rural setting on the Welbeck estate to learn about the food system and food production.  Why?... partly because I was drawn by the romance of making bread and jam, but really I wanted to create a business of my own and offer people honestly produced food with a great sensory experience. In my mind this is what food should be all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment