Saturday 11 December 2010

Black Forest Gateaux

I was reading the beautiful book that Miele got me for my leaving present, Larousse Gastronomique and I came across this amazing photo of a 3 layered Black Forest Gateaux. Having never made one before, I really wanted to test myself and see if I could.  It was Matt's birthday so I had the perfect excuse. The cherries were soaked in brandy and once the chocolate sponge had been baked, I soaked them in Russell's sloe gin syrup. To make the Chantilly cream, I hand whisked the double cream, cold milk, icing sugar and vanilla sugar. Then I got to work with the layers; sponge, cream, cherries, sponge, cream, cherries, sponge, cream, cherries and then finally a sprinkling of grated chocolate shards. I was really pleased with the end result, it was so impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment