Tuesday 8 February 2011

A place At the Chapel

I am fortunate to have gained a place as an apprentice baker at At The Chapel in Bruton, Somerset working with head baker Tom. I arrived in Bruton late last night and am staying with Abi and James who are kindly putting me up in their home, the Railway Cottage, just five minutes walk away from where I will be working for the next 4 weeks.  This place is stunning! Owners Ahmed and Cathy have turned their former home into a wonderful place to dine. This morning I enjoyed a delicious almond and marzipan pastry whilst the sun flooded though the chapel windows. 
The chapel has a sympathetically designed minimalist feel to it, the space is vast and the lines are clean. Their menu reflects the same simplicity with a good choice of locally sourced products, natural and seasonally selected.
I spent this morning taking in the medieval sights of Bruton in the early spring sunshine and now I must get some sleep before my shift starts tonight !
12th Century St Mary Church
in the Saxon town of Bruton



No comments:

Post a Comment